Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend in Chicago


I was asked to be a bridesmaid in my college roommate's wedding this weekend in Chicago, so we decided to make a vacation out of it. We stayed right downtown by the pier and one block from Michigan Ave. My mom and dad went with us to help with Lucas and to watch him during the rehearsal and wedding. We had a great time. We went to a Cub's game on Thursday. Friday, while I had a bridesmaid's lunch in the Hancock building, Joe, Lucas, and my mom and dad went on a boat ride. We all spent the afternoon together on Michigan Ave. That evening Joe and I went to the church and the Sear's Tower for the rehearsal/dinner. On Saturday we went to the Shedd Aquarium, which Lucas loved! I had to take off early to get my hair done with the girls. A trolley picked us up at the hotel and took us to several spots in the city for pictures and then to the church. We ended at the reception at a 5-star Italian restaurant on Michigan Ave. with a 5 course meal and band. It was a wonderful weekend! Thanks Mom and Dad, we couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment:

cubdavid said...

Looks like a good time sis. Lucas looks good in that cubs hat. I also like the little belly from my little niece.