Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's a ....

G-I-R-L!!! We are SO excited! She was not being very cooperative, but now that we know she's a SHE we're glad she's modest. Lucas was so cute. Going into the building he said, "My baby's in dere," as he points to the office building. I had been asking him if he wanted to go see the baby and he just assumed...so we walk in and there's a little girl who's about 2 also and he says, "There she is!" Like we just get to pick one out! All the measurements and heartbeat etc. looked great and that was what was most important. We are very thankful and blessed. When I was talking to Lucas afterward I said something about him being a big brother and having a sister and he pumped his arm and said, "Woo hoo." On the way to Chicago Lucas said, "My sister's a BOY"! I love these confused statements! He'll be a great big brother!

4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

YIPPEEE! we are so excited for you guys!!! CONGRATS!!

the lewis gang said...

YEA! we're so sxcited that darbi will have a little girl to play with!!! bring on the pink clothes, dolls, and pigtails!

Kylie said...

How cool! We are very excited for you. Lucas is so cute, I bet it is lots of fun watching him be so excited.

The Powers Bunch said...

Congratulations! You guys are truly blessed with a great family!