Friday, November 28, 2008

So much to be thankful for....


Kate's first Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving! Sorry for the suspense, but Kate's hearing is PERFECT! It must have been fluid in her ear from birth when they tested her after she was born. We are so relieved! It was quite a morning. I had dreaded her being sedated and missing a feeding, but to my surprise, after setting my alarm for 5 a.m. to feed her and working darn-near-magic to keep her asleep until 10:30 a.m. the audiologist informed me that she was too young to sedate! I was inwardly happy, but very frustrated that I was misinformed by 2 different people at Kosair AND a doctor at my pediatrician! I can't be too upset though because of the outcome, but, as most of you know, it's HARD to ask a newborn to miss a feeding!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my grandma's house!
Hard at work on a craft
The finished product

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Yeah!!!!! i am so glad!!! i know you guys are!!