Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hurricane Ike Strikes South Street

Last Sunday was the unbelievable wind storm that brought winds of 75 miles an hour. Luckily, we were only without power for 24 hours. Our water wouldn't work for awhile because of the widespread power outages and we had to boil it when it came back on until Wednesday. I feel a little guilty because it was GREAT being off school for 4 days. I got so much "nesting" done. I worked harder at home than I ever do at school!


You can see our damage all in one shot in this photo. We need new shingles, a new side door, and the trim that is at the apex of our house. Not to mention all the groceries we had to throw away! We found it over in the cornfield two houses down. There were many with much more damage with us including lots of trees down! This is Lucas helping me out with some chores around the houses (okay he's really just playing, but he likes to think he's being helpful!)

No comments: